Marion General's Swing Bed Unit
Marion General's Swing Bed program provides continued care in the following areas, allowing you to stay close to home for your recovery:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Therapeutic Recreation
- 24-hour Nursing Care
Services and Features
- Activities offered daily for residents.
- Private rooms with bathrooms, showers and flat screen televisions
- Therapy gym located on the second floor.
- Activity room available to all patients, 24-hours a day.
- Social worker available to assist with discharge planning needs, such as:
- Home health, extended care facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Durable medical equipment needs
- Home or outpatient therapies
- Pharmacists available to assist residents with questions regarding their medications.
- Recreational Therapy provided to residents that could benefit from additional therapeutic services to improve their overall quality of life.
- Nutritionist consultation for each patient upon admission and as needed throughout their stay to assess any nutritional needs
- Average length of stay can be from five to 20+ days.
- Residents must have had three consecutive midnights of inpatient acute care within the last 30 days during a hospital stay and must require skilled nursing or skilled therapy.
- The resident's physician must certify that the resident requires these skilled services.
Medicare covers the first 20 days at 100 percent, depending on the resident's participation in therapies.