Forrest Health's vascular surgery team operates in a specialized vascular suite. This surgery suite is equipped to perform hybrid surgeries, or those including both minimally-invasive and open procedures.
The capabilities of the vascular suite prevent the patient from having to have an additional invasive procedure. Because of this, we have the ability to comprehensively manage all phases of vascular disease at any time.
With advanced surgical options, your vascular health is in the best hands. Our vascular team performs surgeries including:
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Carotid endarterectomy (surgery)
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic dissections and thoracoabdominal aneurysms, including hybrid aortic procedures
- Open surgical reconstructions and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas
- Endovascular intervention, such as angioplasty and stenting
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery disease and gangrene of the limbs
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Endovascular intervention and open bypass surgery for mesenteric and renal arteries
- Endovascular and open surgical reconstruction for deep vein occlusions
Endovascular surgery is an innovative, less invasive procedure used to treat problems affecting the blood vessels, such as an aneurysm, which is a swelling or "ballooning" of the blood vessel.