Forrest Health Addresses State’s First Presumptive Case of COVID-19, Makes Changes to Visitation Policies
Keeping our patients and staff healthy is our highest priority
Forrest Health hospitals, including Forrest General Hospital, Highland Community Hospital, Marion General Hospital, Jefferson Davis Community Hospital and Extended Care Facility, Walthall General Hospital, Pearl River County Hospital and Nursing Home, The Orthopedic Institute and Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Services have implemented new restrictions on visitation to ensure the safety of patients, employees, and visitors.
Out of an abundance of caution, at this time, the facilities are implementing the following changes beginning Thursday, March 12, 2020, and will be in effect until further notice:
- All hospital visitation will be limited to 1 visitor per patient.
- Pearl River County Nursing Home and Jefferson Davis Extended Care Facility are restricting visitation to all persons who are not employed or contracted by the facility to provide daily care.
In order to provide an environment that is safe for patients, visitors, and colleagues the hospital is asking visitors to take certain precautions:
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and use an alcohol-based (at least 60 percent) hand sanitizer.
- Use your elbow or a tissue, if available, to cover any coughs or sneezes and then dispose of the tissue.
- Stay home or seek medical care if experiencing any symptoms. If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath and think it may be related to the Coronavirus, please call your primary care provider ahead of time before going to their office location.