Iris is a free and secure online platform that allows you to access your health information and communicate with your provider. Forrest Health’s Iris is part of a system-wide electronic health record system available at all Forrest Health and Hattiesburg Clinic facilities. This system provides a more efficient patient experience and ultimately helps achieve better health outcomes.
How do I Sign Up?
There are several ways to set up an Iris account.
1. Set up your own Iris account online.
- Click “Sign Up,” located to the right of the Iris logo at the top right of the Forrest General Hospital home page, or click the button on this page.
- Fill in the form and create a username and password. Afterwards, your account will be accessible.
- Note: If the information you try to use to create the account does not match our records, a letter will be sent to you within 5 – 7 business days. This letter will inform you on how to activate your new Iris account.
2. Contact the Iris Help Desk by calling 601-579-5432.
3. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting assistance setting up your account.
4. Visit the Health Information Management Department on the first floor at Forrest General Hospital.
Download the App
“MyChart®” is the universal name for the application available through Epic, our medical records system. Forrest Health and Hattiesburg Clinic have personalized the MyChart app as Iris for their patients.
The Iris app is available on iPhone and Android devices through the MyChart free app. The MyChart mobile application is currently available on the Apple® App Store and on Google Play for Android phones.
Use the following steps to download the app:
1. Search and download the “MyChart” app on your smartphone.
2. Search for “Iris” in the MyChart app.
3. Enter your username and password to log in.
Desktop: To login to Iris on your computer, go to forrestgeneral.com and click “login” next to the Iris logo on the top right hand of the page.
Mobile: In the drop down menu on the right, you will see the Iris logo at the bottom. Click “login” next to the logo.
Manage Your Family's Accounts
Iris makes managing your family’s health easy. If you’re a parent or a caregiver, you can link all of your accounts together to access everything you need with one login.
This is a beneficial feature for:
- Parents/legal guardians of minors.
- Legal guardians/caregivers with Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare of dependent adults.
- Adults who manage another adult’s health care such as a spouse or elderly parent.
We call this proxy access, and it must be granted with the permission of the individual. Consent must be submitted via a proxy form. Both parties must be present to complete the form so that a clinical staff member can serve as a witness.
- If you have a child under the age of 14, consent from the child is not required for you to receive proxy access
- If you have been granted Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare of dependent adults, simply present that documentation at the time you request proxy access if it is not already on file.
How to establish proxy access:
To be granted proxy access through a form or one of the exceptions, you can fill out the form in our Health Information Management department, or bring them the required documentation to them. They are located on the first floor of Forrest General Hospital. For further directions or instructions, you can reach their office at 601-288-2900.
You can also ask for a form at an office visit at Hattiesburg Clinic and fill it out on site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Iris secure?
Your health information is safe from unauthorized access because Iris is password-protected and available through an encrypted connection.
What if I forget my log-in and password?
Call the Iris Help Desk at 601-579-5432 for issues accessing your account. You will be asked security questions to verify your identity before information regarding your account can be discussed.
Are Iris features offered through every Forrest Health provider?
Available features of Iris may vary depending on provider participation. Some of the services relative to physician office visits are not applicable to visits at Forrest Health facilities.
Can I see all my test results?
Test results may be released through Iris. Some restrictions may apply.