Nurse Intern Program
Forrest General’s Nurse Intern Tech Program is a rewarding way for nursing students to begin their careers. The program provides an introduction to working in the hospital setting while attending Nursing School. If accepted into the program, Nurse Intern Techs are guaranteed a position upon receipt of a Registered Nurse license from the Mississippi State Board of Nursing. In addition, Nurse Interns earn an hourly wage with a flexible schedule as well as tuition assistance.
- Mississippi Resident
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Attending an Accredited School of Nursing in the State of Mississippi
All applicants who submit all required documents and meet the criteria are scheduled to interview with the committee. All documents listed below must be received to be considered.
- Complete and submit a Nurse Intern Application
- Request 2 letters of recommendation from clinical instructors
- Submit an official transcript
- Submit an official ACT score
Skills and Tasks Performed
NOTE: Advanced Care Techs cannot perform Registered Nurse Skills
- Vital Signs
- Document intake and output
- Assist with post-mortem care
- Perform hygiene care
- Apply cardiac leads
- Other tasks requested
Explore Our Careers
Our staff are the pulse of Forrest Health, whether they’re in one of our seven facilities or in the community. Throughout our health system, we’ve created environments that allow our staff to live, grow and thrive. Investing in our employees’ well-being is a priority at Forrest Health.