The Family Birth Center
The Family Birth Center at Highland Community Hospital provides a family-centered option for your childbirth experience in Pearl River County.
When you choose to have your baby at Highland Community Hospital, you can be assured that you're choosing a relaxing and calming atmosphere with the most skilled physicians and staff, right here at home.
Labor and Delivery Suites
- Private labor and delivery rooms with birthing beds, surgical suites and a recovery room.
- Labor, delivery and recovery occur in the same room for your comfort and ease of transition.
- We welcome birthing coaches, and they may stay with you throughout labor and delivery.
What to Bring
lip balm, lotion and
Personal Items: two
nightgowns, robe, slippers,
support bras, panties and
your "going home"outfit.
Baby Items: baby blanket,
federally approved rear-
facing car seat, baby
book and baby outfit
nightgowns are difficult
to manage in a car seat)
- Postpartum rooms create a soothing atmosphere with all the comforts of home. The unit includes larger rooms to encourage family bonding, as well as allow the staff to continue providing family-centered patient care.
- At The Family Birth Center, we care for infants and their mothers together. This is "couplet" care, and it enhances bonding between the mother, baby and the family.
- Postpartum is the time when your family begins to bond, and it is a time for you and your newborn to stabilize after delivery. During postpartum, you may experience a range of emotions due to changes which occur following childbirth. Rest is important during the postpartum period, and our staff is here 24/7 to accommodate your needs during this time.
- The Family Birth Center staff will also help you with breastfeeding techniques, and other aspects of your newborn's care such as holding, feeding, bathing and dressing.