Geriatric Psychiatry serves patients 55 years and older with emotional and behavioral problems. Our programs offer specialized care close to home in a nurturing and supportive environment.
Sojourners 10-bed facility located inside Jefferson Davis Community Hospital that specializes in dealing with individuals 55 years and older with emotional and behavioral problems
Sojourners areas of treatment includes:
- Personality changes/mood changes
- Severe Memory loss/cognitive changes
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Behavioral Changes
The Grove is a 10-bed facility inside Highland Community Hospital that gives family members the option for local behavioral health treatment for their loved ones. The Grove is staffed 24/7 and has two activity rooms, a washer and a dryer. Patients participate in group therapy and arts and crafts. To make the patients more comfortable, they are encouraged to bring clothes from home. The Grove works to provide recovery while giving meaning to the individual's personal journey.
The Grove treats patients with the following conditions:
- Severe depression caused by multiple losses and medical problems
- Memory problems, confusion, agitation, anxiety and wandering behaviors
- Unexpected changes in behavior or memory
- Psychiatric symptoms that may cause danger to self or others